Thursday, September 30, 2010

The rythmn and blues bride got married in a cheeseshop ...

Laura sent me this message on facebook the day before the wedding, "We are getting married LAST MINUTE tomorrow at Baumgartners by a judge  (we've been trying to get it done for 3 years) I told Jimmy we should have YOU do us the honors of being our photographer". I called her and she sounded nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. No time to get a fancy dress, manicure or hairdo. I assured her that the important thing was that they were getting married and that they were doing it "their way". And I thought to myself, "Isn't Baumgartners a cheeseshop".



Next morning I drove to Monroe for the 11:30 ceremony. Sure enough, Baumgartners is a cheese shop. The crowd was small but enthusiastic, the ceremony was sweet, and the cheese and salami sandwich the groom bought me was the best I'd ever had.





Jimmy is Jimmy Voegeli, a Madison musician well known for his keyboard playing and singing, most recently with the Jimmys, but he's also part of the Voegeli dairy farm family; five generations of award winning dairy cattlemen in Monroe WI. Laura says that when Jimmy isn't playing music he's cleaning manure out from under his fingernails.The Voegelis sponsor the World Dairy Expo. Turns out Jimmy and Laura set the last minute wedding date right before the Expo when things in Monroe would be focused on the festive activities around the world famous event.

It was a great wedding, and they did it their way. If you're ever in Monroe WI stop in at Baumgartners and have the best cheese and salami sandwich you'll ever eat. Congrats Laura and Jimmy!  -  Terry


Madison WI photographer Terry Talbot

No comments: