Friday, April 16, 2010

Dawn's Early Light

For no particulat reason woke up today at 5am and couldn't get back to sleep, so I unpacked  my camera and jumped in the car with the thought of catching some early morning light photos. With nothing in mind but that stopped by the East Side Club on Lake Monona to catch a view of the Capitol building across the lake.

I blended 3 separate exposures using Photo Matrix to get this shot,  f5.6 at 30th, a 15th, and  1/6th of a sec. The camera was, of course, on a tripod.





I also liked the look of the cabin like poontoon boats parked at the pier behind the East Side Club, so I shot a couple of frames of them with the Capitol in the background. This time I blended 2 exposures to get the result.

Of course I couldn't pass up a chance to shoot my cute little 350Z









Guess I had the Capitol on my mind, so headed a little West to King St and got this view of the it. I stood in the street to get this time exposure and was lucky no crazy drivers were out on the street yet to play dodgeball with my camera clad body. I love King St.



Finaly on the way back home stopped and got this grab shot og Madison Gas & Electric. Electrifying eh!


Best part was, the whole shoot took less than 1/2 hour. Here's your tip; get up early before the sun, grab your camera and tripod, and go looking for some cool photos to put up on your Facebook page. -  Terry
Madison WI photographer Terry Talbot


http://www.talbotphoto.com/

No comments: